Wednesday 06/24/09

Location: CHS
Time: 5:00 a.m.

"Helen Goes Upside Down"
3 rounds for time of:
400m run
21 KB swings, 1.5 pd/1 pd
12 Handstand Push-ups

This was on the main CF site for Monday, 06/22/09, so I certainly don't take any credit for coming up with it. I do, however, take credit for the name. For whatever it's worth. I thought about calling it "Head-Over-Heels Helen," but that's dumb. Helen's head is naturally over her heels - so is every other person's head.

1.5 pd = 55#
1 pd = 35#
However, we should have enough KBs for everyone to actually use them instead of DBs - kind of cool, eh?

Scale your HSPUs appropriately, i.e., don't spend 2-3 minutes on the run and swings portion of a round and then 5 minutes on the HSPUs . . . I'm largely reminding myself here.

Kris and Kathy get ready for some pull-ups (02/28/09)

4 comments:

Kathy said...

11:55--HSPUs with a headless DB....It was a very sleepy...and thank you Philliam for sharing my benchface story with the M.S.C.L. crowd...Brook asked me if my face was ok on the way out today which left me quite confused for a couple minutes.

Phil said...

You're quite welcome - that's hilarious.

12:22
3 10# plates (the thicker ones).
1st round - continuous.
2nd round - 6,3,3
3rd round - don't remember, but not good, 4-5 sets?

Phil said...

Also - the run was indoors at CHS due to lightning.

Kiley said...

12:42 - Therefore Phil's time has to be off...but I digress.

2 - 10# plates and 6 - 5# plates for second two rounds (5 plates for first round)

1 pood KB